I could write a full biography here, but where would I start? Would it be Carly, the wife and mother? Carly, the 'businesswoman'? Carly, the 'politician'? Or, would I stay low-key and describe myself as a book nerd, make-up fiend, wannabe fashionista or an academic?
The truth is, we are all multifaceted. That's what makes us individuals. There is no 'one size fits all'. One part of the day I can be a slummy mummy; then ten minutes later burst out the house imitating a glamourpuss on a way to a meeting.
I thought the best way to tell you about me would be to let you see for yourself. I'm going to answer a load of random, perhaps even irreverent, questions and let you be the judge of who I am.
By the way, I tag every reader in this post - would love to hear your answers!
1. What is my full name?
Carly Lisette Sharples
3. Where do I live?
In a tiny village, just north of Lincoln, UK
Married to James and we have two children: Freya, aged 6 and Reuben, aged 2.
5. What is my job?
Well, apart from being a Mummy, I am a writer with my own business.
6. Where was I born?
7. When I was little, what did I want to be when I grew up?
A YUPPIE. No jokes. I wanted a desk, a rolodex, a filofax and a mobile phone. Think I've just about achieved that!
8. What did I study at university?
I have a BA (Hons) International Relations from the University of Lincoln, then went to the University of Sheffield to study for an MA Politics.
9. What is my favourite colour?
Turquoise. Ranging from eau-de-nil right through to teal.
10. What is my favourite food?
It has got to be Christmas dinner with all the trimmings, or a vegetable Moroccan tagine.
11. What is my favourite tipple?
This is going to sound so pretentious... champagne, Pimms or a cool, crisp G&T.
12. What is my favourite fruit?
Cherries and berries.
13. What was my first car?
An old Rover Mini, named Maggie Rat.
14. What do I drive now?
A silver BMW 318i. Named 'the car'.
15. Where was my last holiday?
I went to Istanbul (to go shopping and drink coffee and have lots of sleep - with no husband or children!) to *ahem* soak up the rich culture and history.
16. Who do I vote for?
I'm a member of the Conservative Party... have a guess! :)
17. What is my favourite book?
I devour books in a frenzy. Hard to pick just one, so I will say that my favorite genre is political biographies and non-fiction. Seriously. A geek ain't got nothin' on me.
18. What is my favourite film?
'Goodbye, Lenin' is my all-time favourite film. Followed closely by 'The Lives of Others' and for a non-German choice, the Bourne trilogy movies.
19. What is my favourite style of music?
My musical taste is eclectic (crap). I like everything from jazz and classical through to hip-hop and dubstep. My favourite songs are 'Move on Up' by Curtis Mayfield, 'Everlong' by the Foo Fighters (what is 'foo', anyway, and why are they fighting it?), 'Let's Stay Together' by Al Green and Green Day's 'Good Riddance/Time of Your Life'.
20. Cats or dogs?
Cats. Although I'd love a Pug.
21. What is one thing I wish I could change about myself?
Depending on my mood, my bipolar disorder.
22. What are the top three things I'd like to do before I die?
Read my bucket list, here.
23. What are my vices?
Tea and shopping.
24. What are my guilty pleasures?
Primark and the Eurovision Song Contest.
25. What do I collect, if anything?
Matryoshka dolls, make-up and handbags.
26. Am I a slim Jim?
Depends on your perception - I'm a 10 on top and a 12 bottom. I'm happy with that.
27. What is my shoe size?
28. How would I describe my style?
Read my blog to find out!
29. What is my prized possession?
My Mont Blanc Meisterstuck fountain pen, ballpoint pen and case.
30. What is my favourite piece of clothing?
31. What would be in my essential makeup kit?
NW15 concealer and Nylon eyeshadow by Mac and a black mascara.
32. What accessories do I love the most?
Besides my engagement / wedding / eternity rings, it would be a piece from my Frey Wille collection or one of my many, many scarves.
33. What song never fails to make me cry?
'Hurt' by Johnny Cash.
34. What film makes me blub every time?
35. What is my biggest regret in life so far?
In the words of Edith Piaf, je ne regrette rien.